Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Accepting "No"

So I've been looking for new things for the boys to do for fun.  I have found that I love the website http://www.dltk.com/!  It is great for crafts, games, and coloring pages.  One of the games/crafts I found on the site was a "Pin-the-nose-on-Bob"!  The boys and I and their mom went to Veggie Tales Live recently, so I knew the boys would love it!  It took about an hour to make, and has been a big hit with the boys, Bel, and other children!


I made Bob the Tomato out of construction paper using the pattern from the site.  I would like to laminate him for durablity, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.  The story of my life, right?! lol

(10.28.10) Today in therapy Lil' Man had to go through the book "Accepting 'No'".  He has gotten much better at accepting no, but we are still trying to encourage him to use correct behaviors when accepting no.



Reading "Accepting 'No'"
 When Lil' Man finishes so many tasks during therapy, he is allowed a "break".  He gets to choose what he wants work toward during his break (part of the ABA philosophy).  When this particular therapist is here he always chooses one of two things: either to play a game on the therapists phone, or football.


Playing the car game on the phone

At the end of the day Lil' Man and Brown Eyes like to go outside and play football with the therapist.  Inevitably he quickly becomes a jungle gym.  They are always asking him to pick them up.  One of their favorite things is the helicopter.


We are so blessed to have this therapist with us.  We are blessed that he loves the boys and loves FOOTBALL!  For some reason he is so much better at it than me and their mom. lol  Its great to have someone that the boys can rough house with and play "guy" stuff with!  I thank GOD for him.

After I left the boys house, I was thoroughly impressed by a dinner cooked for me by a hansome young man.  It was quite good and I enjoyed it very much!  He even gave me flowers!  He didn't have a vase so he put them in a jar, which I thought was precious!



This was a wonderful end to great day!   Just a bit of what happens when GOD calls girl...


0 comments:

Post a Comment