Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Open House, Pretty Hair, and a 100!

Tuesday night was open house at Bel's school.  She was excited because her chorus class was performing.  Does that girl ever like to sing?!  She even sings in her sleep!  She is literally singing from the time she wakes up to the time she goes to bed at night...and then she sings in her sleep sometimes as well.


Sorry for the low quality photo.  It was taken with my phone.  Bel is the third girl from the left.  This was a preview concert for their Christmas show.  That is why all of the girls are in casual clothes.

She did a wonderful job!  Not that I'm biased in any way, but she may have the best voice in the class! ;)

All day Monday and Tuesday Bel was telling me that she needed her hair done before her concert.  She would tell me that she wasn't going to go because needed a perm.  Generally, I would've ignored her manipulating behavior, but she was right.  She desperately needed a perm!

So on Tuesday afternoon I took her to the salon where a friend of mine works.  I had to convince Bel that it would be okay to get a perm from a "white" girl.  For some reason Bel has this preconceived notion that white girls can't do black hair.  Finally she gave in with a bit of coaxing. lol


I personally think my friend did a fantastic job!  My Bel is beautiful!  I love her hair.  Believe it or not, she loved it too!

Since we're on Bel updates, my baby got a perfect score on a recent quiz in Drama!  Drama is one of the two mainstream class she participates in.  That means we celebrate C's in that class.


She was so proud!  Right when she got in the car after school, she handed it to me, and started squealling with excitement!  She said, "Mom, I have to give it to Grandad!"  Grandad (my dad) is her number one!  She loves him!  No one's opinion really counts except his.

I'm so proud of my daughter!  She has come such a long way.  I will update more a little later.  This is just snidbit of what happens When GOD calls a Girl...


0 comments:

Post a Comment