Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

New at this...

Well I'm new to the blog world.  I've been told my life is pretty interesting, so I thought I'd give this whole blog thig a whirl.  I hope that I'm able to encourage those that are in similar situations, and inspire people that read my blog.  I'm pretty busy, but I'm going to try to keep it as up to date as possible!  Since there is too much to post that leads up to my life now, I'll give a brief synopsis:

At age 21 I was working as the Student Ministries Director of a local Haitian Wesleyan Church.  While there I found out that a couple of my youth should be removed from their home situation.  One was over the age of 18, and therefore not removed.  The 16 yr old was not removed because there were no Creole speaking foster parents.  I went to a lawyer and discovered that in the state of SC I would qualify to take her.  So, at age 21 I became the mother of a then 16 year old.  About three months later a judge made us a forever family!


My precious daughter, who I will refer to in my blog as Bel (Creole word for beautiful), has since turned 17.  She is a sophmore in high school, and I am so proud of her!  Most of blogs will probably be about her and my life as a 22 year old single mom of a 17 year old.

I will also post about my precious godsons.  Whom I refer to as Brown Eyes and Lil' Man.  They are also a huge part of my life, as I care for them 50% of the time.


This picture is of Lil' Man, Bel, and Brown Eyes at one of our favorite parks.  I love my babies! :)

This is the realities of what happens When GOD calls a Girl...

0 comments:

Post a Comment